Situated over the water in the Bay of Islands our menus had to be designed to complement our location and views over the water. Martin Bosley, NZ's most awarded chef & lover of all things seafood has put together a menu that highlights our local shellfish & line caught fish.
Beautifully situated over the water adjacent to Paihia's central hub with spectacular views out to the Bay, 35o South offers a unique dining experience for all events. A 60,000 litre salt water Aquarium forms the centrepiece of the building and flows from the bar to the beautiful dining room. Our sumptuous menu is designed to complement the superb location and tranquil views over the bay.
There are three dining areas, each with its own feel, that all boast waters edge dining with gentle waves, lapping under your feet. The ambiance & the moonlight over the Bay creates an intimate and private feel for smaller groups.
All this combines to make 35o South Aquarium, Restaurant and Bar a venue you will fall in love with for your:
- Corporate function
- Birthday parties for young and old
- After work shout
- Work meeting
- Intimate Dinner
- Marriage Proposal
- Anniversary Meal
At 35 Degrees South, we have a number of different areas to suit your function or event. You can choose from any of them or if you prefer we can tailor make a setup just for you. Take a quick look at the restaurant plan to see if one of our areas could work for your function. Should you wish to discuss your options further, please contact Sarah our Function & Events Manager with your query.
Option A - The entire restaurant
- Seats 120 guests for a sit down function
- Can accommodate 250 guests standing for a cocktail style function
- Small deck outside the front of the restaurant
- Set menu and canape options available
- Stunning uninterupted views around the whole area
- Perfect for weddings, conferences and school balls
- Minimum spend of $10,000 HS and $5000 LS*
Option B - The Dining Room (Orange)
- Seats up to 60 guests
- Can accommodate 100 guests standing for a cocktail style function
- Set menu and canape options available
- 60,000 litre aquarium forms the centerpiece
- Can be closed off for privacy allowing for speeches, meetings etc
- Fully sliding windows give an indoor/ outdoor feel with beautiful views of the Bay
- Perfect for weddings, conferences and work functions
- Minimum spend of $5000 HS and $2500 LS*
Option C - Waters Edge Area (Blue)
- Seats up to 25 guests
- Set menu and a la carte options available
- Can be sectioned off for privacy
- Positioned out over the water with glass surrounds for stunning vistas
- Perfect for a birthday celebration, engagement party or business breakfast
- Minimum spend of $2000 HS and $1500 LS*
Option D - Casual Bar area (Red)
- Hold up to 30 guests in our bar side area
- Canape options available
- Perfect for after-work shout or birthday party beautiful backdrop of Paihia Wharf
- Minimum spend of $850
*Please note that private functions are not usually available on Public Holiday weekends or special occasions such as Valentines Day or between the dates of December 23rd - January 12th. High Season runs from 1st November to 30th April. The quoted spend constitutes 1/2 day use i.e, afternoon or evening function
Let our kitchen team put together the perfect catering arrangement for your function. Our menus change with the seasons and we strive to have the freshest produce in our recipes. We pride ourselves in serving innovative and contemporary dishes that reflect our stunning surroundings here in the Bay of Islands.
We can cater for a formal style function with our set menu options and a cocktail style function with our delicious canapes. Once you have selected the perfect area to suit your requirement, browse through our catering options below or contact Sarah (our Function & Events Manager) with any queries you may have.
Our set menus range from a 2 course option to a indulgent 4 course option. Choose the right one for your function or get in touch for a specific menu request from our chef. Please note that our set menus will change seasonally.
Canapes & Finger Food
Our chef has designed a beautiful range of canapes for your function. All canapes are made fresh on the day of the event and made with locally sourced produce where possible. Canape options have a minimum guest number of 20. We are happy to discuss your needs regarding canapes, please email our events manager with your query.
We have a range of food and beverage packages perfect for your function or event. The packages are a great way of managing your minimum spend and 'building' the perfect combination for your group.